Glass, Aluminum, Plastic …oh my!
A few quick tips for 5Cents4Change Fundraisers:
- Most recycle centers will only redeem glass and plastic bottles and cans.
- Sometimes, larger plastic containers (i.e. Mott’s Apple Juice) are also redeemable. When in doubt, check the label to make sure it says CA CRV.
- The rest of your recycle trash (i.e paper) is not redeemable.
- Plastic bottles must have their caps removed before they can be redeemed. Have your kids spread your bottles and cans on your lawn or porch (not the living room!) and making sure they are ready to go before going to the recycle center.
- CASH DONATIONS CAN BE DELIVERED IN PERSON OR MAILED TO NEW HOPE CHURCH. IT’S BEST NOT TO SEND CASH IN THE MAIL.
Remember, every little bit counts. Don’t miss out on the excitement of finding resources you didn’t know were available. $25 really does change a person’s life in rural Ethiopia!
Share your 5Cents4Change recycling story or tips on our facebook page (facebook.com/africawaterandlife) or on twitter @awlsandigo (use #5cents4change).